MYRADIOTEST.COM operates a media research and consultancy business throughout the world. Through our varied operations, we gather information for a variety of reasons:
A. FOR STATISTICAL RESEARCH PURPOSES
Most of the information we collect is for statistical purposes only such as how many people like or dislike a particular song. In this respect information that is provided to us in connection with statistical research such as your age, where you live or which radio station you listen to are used only for the purposes of creating demographic groups. Any information that may identify an individual person is never associated with statistical data.
B USER AND CLIENT COMMUNICATION
Personal information provided to us as part of an opt-in or request to receive information about our products and services. This information enables us to provide services to clients, improve the nature of the services we provide and to facilitate distribution of information to clients and other people interested in the products and services MYRADIOTEST.COM .
We are committed to the protection of PI in a manner which is fair and unobtrusive. We meet the standards set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) regarding the way in which we will collect, hold, use and disclose PI and respond to your requests to access and/or correct it. This policy sets out how we handle your PI and the rights and obligations that we both have in relation to that information.
In accordance with the APPs, you may deal with us on an anonymous basis where practical. However, as a provider of a wide range of services, we find that it is often necessary to collect PI from you during the course of transactions, for example, to facilitate sending you a newsletter.
Wherever practical, we will obtain your express consent when collecting PI. In some situations, we will interpret your actions as indicating your consent to the collection of PI. For example, this may occur when you have provided PI for a particular purpose and that purpose cannot be achieved without using your PI.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect PI for a number of reasons, including:
• to provide you with our products or services;
• to administer our relationship with you;
• to monitor activity on our websites, for the purpose of maintaining the security of those websites;
• for internal administrative purposes, such as procedural assessments, risk management, staff training, and product and service reviews; and
• to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION
We may not be able to provide a complete service to you if PI is not provided upon request. For example, providing incomplete information could render a request for our newsletter invalid.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We primarily collect PI directly from you through our websites. However, PI may be collected in a variety of ways, including:
• application forms;
• posted mail;
• written and/or verbal means of communication;
• online transactions;
• social network platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.)0;
• in person;
• over the telephone;
• business contacts (eg contractual documents);
• information collected from third parties (eg marketing databases);
• information collected from public sources (eg telephone directories); and
• other forms of written and verbal communication.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We only hold information about you that is relevant to our relationship with you. Generally, the PI we hold will include (where relevant) the company you work for, your title, name, contact details, interests, information preferences and how you make use of the products or services that we provide you.
We rarely ask for sensitive information, but may do so occasionally as part of a competition or survey, for example. We will not ask for sensitive information unless:
• you have consented;
• the collection of the information is specifically authorised by law;
• the collection is necessary to lessen a serious or imminent threat to the health or safety or any person; or
• the collection of the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on the circumstances, we may hold PI in hardcopy or electronic form, or both. Generally, we keep hardcopies of all correspondence that we enter into and maintain details about Individuals that we interact with in our electronic database/s.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We hold all hardcopy and electronic records of PI in a secure manner to ensure that it is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. PI held in hardcopy form is, wherever practical, kept under lock and key. Pl held in electronic form is, wherever practical, password protected and/or encrypted.
Our staff follows strict information handling procedures and only those whose tasks require use of your information are able to access it.
We regularly de-identify and/or destroy PI in a secure manner, for example by using shredding machines and/or secure disposal units, once it is no longer needed or required to be kept by law. Where possible and practical, we endeavour to comply with recognised Australian and international standards relating to information security.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, only our officers, employees or contractors who require the information in order to perform their functions may access PI.
We will only disclose PI to parties other than our officers, employees and contractors where:
• that disclosure is required to give effect to the purpose/s for which we collected the PI, for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, and we believe that you would reasonably expect us to use the information; or
• you have consented to that disclosure; or
• we believe that the disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any person; or
• we believe that the disclosure is required to protect our rights or property or any other user of our services; or
• we believe an unlawful activity is being undertaken and the PI is disclosed as part of our investigation into or reporting of suspected unlawful activity; or
• we are required by law to disclose the PI; or
• the disclosure is required for the investigation of a possible breach or enforcement of a criminal law or a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Generally, disclosure of PI will only be made for a purpose that is directly related to the product or service that we are providing you. This may include disclosure to organisations that provide us with professional advice, such as solicitors and accountants, and to contractors to whom we outsource functions, such as mailing houses, collators, electronic network administrators or debt collection agencies. However, where possible, we take contractual measures and, in all other circumstances, all reasonable measures with our contractors to ensure that they comply with the standards set out in the Act and the APPs. Where practicable and appropriate, we require our contractors to perform their work in-house and do not permit them to disclose PI that we have disclosed to them to their sub-contractors (if any). The only other circumstances in which disclosure of PI may occur are those which are expressly permitted under the Act. For example, where the disclosure takes place with your consent or where we are legally required to disclose the information.
The make-up of our database may be researched on an aggregated basis to identify market trends and use of our products, services and information services. This information does not enable you to be identified as it is aggregated.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
We collect personal information about you when you use and access our Websites.
You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our Websites or take advantage of the improved Website experience that cookies offer.
When you visit our Websites, our web servers may record other information about or relating to you, such as the time and date of your visit or the IP address assigned to the computer you are using to access the Website. In many cases, we cannot and do not use this information to identify you personally – rather, we simply use this information to analyse trends, administer the Websites, track user movements, gather broad demographic information and improve the performance of the Websites.
The third party vendors may also receive and record non-personal information from cookies and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address.
YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may request access to your PI at any time by written request to MYRADIOTEST.COM’s Privacy Officer by mail at Türkenschanzgasse 8-10; 3400 Klosterneuburg; Austria or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we may withhold access to PI
Access to PI may be withheld in several circumstances, including where:
• providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any person;
• providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• the information is subject to confidentiality where the person who provided the information to us did so expressly on the condition that it remain confidential;
• the request is vexatious or frivolous;
• the information relates to current or anticipated legal proceedings between MYRADIOTEST.COM and the person and the information would not be required to be discovered to a court;
• we are in commercial negotiations with the person and the information would reveal our intentions or otherwise prejudice those negotiations;
• providing access would reveal information relating to our commercially sensitive decision making processes;
• providing access would be unlawful or we are required by law to withhold access; or
• providing access could prejudice the investigation, detection or prosecution by MYRADIOTEST.COM or by a government body of possible unlawful activity or serious or improper misconduct, or is likely to cause damage to the security of a Austria.
Where we are is unable to provide you with access to PI, we will provide written reasons and may instead, at our discretion, choose to give you a summary of that information. We may also consider, at our discretion, whether the provision of access to an independent third party will meet both of our requirements.
YOU MAY CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We regularly monitor the quality and accuracy of PI that we maintain and, where practicable, update that information. In addition, you may request that your PI be updated at any time.
If your PI is out-of-date or otherwise incorrect, please go to our website and login or contact MYRADIOTEST.COM’s Privacy Officer with your written advice regarding the inaccuracy of the information and we will endeavour to correct it for you wherever possible.
In the unlikely event that we disagree about the accuracy of the information such that we are unable to change it, you may provide us with a statement that you dispute its accuracy and we will associate the statement with your information in such a manner that it will be brought to the attention of each person who uses that information.
YOUR RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which we have handled your PI, you may lodge a complaint in writing with MYRADIOTEST.COM’s Privacy Officer. We will inform you as to who will handle your complaint.
INFORMATION FROM MYRADIOTEST.COM
We would like to send you information about goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you. However, we understand that you may not wish to receive such material. You will have an opportunity to “opt in” and/or “opt out” (as applicable) in connection with the information except in some cases where you would be notified that opting in was a condition of participation. If this is the case, please inform our Privacy Officer and we will promptly remove your name from our mailing list.
In circumstances where we cannot practicably obtain your consent, we may still engage in direct marketing to that you, but will:
a. advise you that you can be taken off the mailing list at any time following receipt of a request from you to that effect; and
b. display our contact details clearly in each direct marketing publication.
You may be removed from any MYRADIOTEST.COM mailing list at any time. Simply login at our websites or send a written request to MYRADIOTEST.COM’s Privacy Officer.
THE EU DATA PRIVACY DIRECTIVE
MYRADIOTEST.COM subscribes to the principles, to the extent they apply to MYRADIOTEST.COM’s collection and use of information, detailed in the EU DATA PRIVACY DIRECTIVE. EU residents should be aware that any personal data collected by MYRADIOTEST.COM is held on servers residing in Austria and therefore subject to Austria’s Privacy Act (Privacy Law). Specifically, MYRADIOTEST.COM does not and will not share personal information collected with any third party organisation and has no affiliations requiring us to do so.
Further information about privacy may be obtained from the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner of Austria at: http://www.rtr.at